Monday, April 13, 2015

Girl Rising (Official Trailer)



GIRL RISING VIDEO



GIRL RISING VIDEO

"A documentary that follows nine girls from different parts of the world who face arranged marriages, child slavery, and other heartbreaking injustices. Despite these obstacles, the brave girls offer hope and inspiration. By getting an education, they're able to break barriers and create change"

I created the art works below  using the important words from the book titled,SOLD about a girl of 12 sold into the sex trafficking trade by her own father in a village in Nepal.

Please watch this movie(above) and post your responses below!
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1235068441

 
                       
                      SOLD #1 , Susan Harmon, mixed/canvas, 2015,16" x 20

                                   
                      SOLD# 2, by Susan Harmon, mixed/canvas, 20"30"2015

2 comments:

  1. This is so sad. I don't know if beautiful is the right word, but I find your sold #2 to be very powerful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thank you.This is a very new idea for me I call this series GRAPHOS .I have been trying to incorporate words into my art for several years so I decided to take a different approach.Using words and incorporating my art with the word.I felt that it was time to yell and scream the important words from the literature which has influenced,informed and inspired my art for almost 8 years now.

    ReplyDelete